Who is Generac?
Generac is known primarily for generators. With a sole focus on power generation for over 50 years, their reputation as the generator experts has grown to include portable, RV, residential, commercial and industrial generators. Today, customers prefer Generac seven to one over the closest competition.
Why choose Generac?
- Broadest home generator product line – install the exact solution to your backup power needs.
- Generac’s Guardian® Series residential standby generators, and all of Generac's portable generators, have earned the Seal after review by the Good Housekeeping Research Institute.
- Generators are often required to run for hours at a time, day after day. Generac’s OHVI engine utilizes the same type of pressurized oil lubrication used to give automobile engines long and trouble free lives. Our engine has a significantly longer life than many competitive engines – an unprecedented three to four times longer. That’s the reliability you need for the long run times emergency backup can require.
A weekly self-test that won’t wake the neighbors. All automatic standby generators perform a weekly self-diagnostic test to validate proper operation. Quieter than the competition, only Generac’s patented, programmable Quiet-Test™ mode kicks in for an ultra-quiet, neighborhood-friendly self-test.
Safe for sensitive electronics
TruePower™ Technology provides confident operation of sensitive electronics such as heating, cooling, home theaters and computers. Less that 5% total harmonic distortion gives smooth and consistent sound-quality and performance.
Harsh weather conditions? Bring it on.
Generac’s patented galvanized steel enclosures with RhinoCoat™ provide substantial protection from the elements. For added protection, the all-weather aluminum enclosure’s corrosion resistance prolongs the life of your generator in salt air coastal communities.
What is an automatic standby generator?
An automatic standby generator is a back up electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of an outage, it automatically supplies power directly to your home’s electrical circuit breaker box. After utility power returns, the generator shuts itself off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane gas and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit.
Why should I buy an automatic standby generator instead of a portable generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
How does the Generac OHVI® engine compare to air cooled engines used in other brands of standby generators?
Unlike other engines, used in backup power generation, Generac OHVI engines are made specifically for generators. They are engineered to run for the long periods of time required during a severe power outage or on a job site, utilizing the same type of pressurized oil lubrication used to give automobile engines long and trouble-free lives. Generac OHVI engines have a significantly longer life than competitive engines, making them the best investment on the market.
What’s the advantage of an aluminum enclosure?
In addition to its sturdy galvanneal steel enclosure with RhinoCoat, Generac is one of the few companies to offer premium aluminum enclosures for its residential standby generators. Aluminum enclosures are naturally rust and corrosion resistant. For salt air or high humidity conditions, aluminum is highly recommended to ensure decades of worry free service.
Can an automatic standby generator replace utility service?
No...the generator fuel costs would be much more expensive than buying power from the utility company since their cost to produce electricity is divided among thousands of customers.
How do we correctly size a generator for your home?
The most logical way to determine your needs is to envision your home without power. Some outages may be short in duration, while others could last for days or weeks. What would your family miss during an outage?
With the broadest product line available, essential circuit coverage starts with the economically priced Generac CorePower™ Series. Other systems are available to cover virtually any application:
Essential Circuit Coverage
– Generac takes the guesswork out of sizing by offering prepackaged Guardian Series generator systems. The generator is paired with a transfer switch containing a predetermined number of circuits based on the generator’s kW power rating. Each circuit is directly connected to a matched circuit on the home’s main circuit breaker panel, providing electricity to that specific appliance or area of the home. For example, ten circuits are supplied for the 8 kW generator. With this system, you could connect (1) lights and TV in the family room, (2) microwave and lights in the kitchen, (3) refrigerator, (4) power to the bathroom, (5) computer and home office, (6) garage door opener, (7) air conditioner, and (8) furnace.
Managed Whole House Coverage
– You can get more coverage with less generator, up to whole house coverage, by pairing a smaller generator with one of Generac’s Nexus™ load shedding switch options. This creates a managed power solution where non-essential circuits are shed when the generator approaches maximum capacity. They are cycled back on when essential circuits no longer require power, so all circuits receive power at different times.
Complete Whole House Coverage
– Easily cover every circuit in your home by pairing one of Generac’s larger kW units and the proper transfer switch to provide full coverage. No circuit is ever left uncovered, so every appliance is available every minute.
Do they have to be maintained?
Yes, just like the engine of your vehicle, maintenance is required. All generators require periodic oil and filter changes to ensure maximum performance for years of reliable service. Tower Power Systems offers annual maintenance contracts for a worry-free ownership experience.
How much will it cost?
Cost is determined by many factors. The size of the generator required, whether partial or whole-house coverage is requested and generator placement are just a few. Tower Power Systems offers “turn-key” solutions at an average cost between $6,000-10,000. Please take the time to review our “Process” page when considering the costs associated with the purchase.
CONTACT US today to schedule a free, in-home consultation.
Tower Power Systems proudly offers the sales, service, and installation of residential home standby and backup generators in the following and surrounding areas in Montgomery and Frederick County Maryland MD: Rockville, Gaithersburg, Potomac, Silver Spring, Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Glen Echo, Clarksburg, Urbana and Monrovia.